Date: 5/14/18 7:09 pm
From: JFR <johnfredman...>
Subject: WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERS AT BOYD POIN, PINE BLUFF
This morning Doc George and I observed and photographed 5 White-rumped Sandpipers at the Boyd Point Wastewater Treatment Facility on Pine Bluff. They were foraging on the extensive thick algae beds in the company of approx. 10 Least and 15 Semi-palmated Sandpipers. The White-rumps were very skittish and flew at the slightest provocation, which provided opportunities for inflight shots that clearly showed the white rump. It ls very amazing to me that these small birds sighted in Jefferson County were only a short time ago in Patagonia and in short order will be in the Canadian Arctic!! It is truly remarkable!
John Redman

Join us on Facebook!