Date: 5/14/18 1:45 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Acadia Birding Festival (May 31 - June 3) - trips still open for registration
Thanks to Becky Marvil for this announcement.  You can find the schedule
at http://acadiabirdingfestival.com/schedule.php.

Barbara Volkle

Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

 *

Greetings All Birders,

The Acadia Birding Festival is only 2 weeks away (May 31 – June 3)!
Although several trips have already filled up with our 270 current
registrants, we still have many trips open, so it’s not too late to
register.  See below for our open trips.

Also, just yesterday the website acadiaonmymind.com
<https://acadiaonmymind.com/>wrote an article about the festival and
climate change, among other things having to do with Acadia National
Park.  Here is a link to the article
<https://acadiaonmymind.com/2018/05/celebrating-acadia-birds-amid-year-of-the-bird-climate-woes/>
You can also learn much more about the festival on our website
http://acadiabirdingfestival.com, including trips descriptions, lodging
opportunities, keynotes, our 40+ birding guides, presentations, eBird
lists from previous years, and of course registration.

We are a pay-per-event festival, so come for part of a day or all four
days or something in between and experience the birds on Mount Desert
Island, as well as inland and downeast hotspots.  Have fun socializing
with other birds too during our lunches and evening socials.  We have
our popular *_Pelagic Seabird Boat Trip_* on Saturday, June 2 which has
lots of room on Bar Harbor Whale Watch’s stable catamaran, the
Friendship V (chartered just for festival goers)!  We’ll be sure to see
Atlantic Puffins, Razorbills, Black Guillemots, Arctic and Common Terns,
and much more.

Hope you can join us!  We are a non-profit organization with proceeds
given to local organizations who help with conservation of, protection
of, and/or teaching about our precious environment.  Help us support
their causes!

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me.

Happy birding,

Becky

*Becky Marvil*, /Executive Director/

*Acadia Birding Festival (May 31 – June 3, 2018)
*Mount Desert Island, Bar Harbor, ME

207-233-3694 (festival)

<beckym...> <mailto:<beckym...>

http://acadiabirdingfestival.com <http://acadiabirdingfestival.com/>