Date: 5/14/18 9:18 am
From: Peggy Wang <00000454f4164bea-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Blackhand Gorge NR, Licking Cty
Pleasant, if too early in the year to be muggy, birding this AM at this NR. I had visited a couple times a few years ago but now it is an easy drive from Zanesville so I imagine I will bird here often.

Took some digging, but did well on warblers, 14 species, mostly singles. Prize was male Mourning Warbler. Oddly, no Yellow-rumpeds or B&Ws!

Mourning
Yellow
Blackburnian
Tennessee
Magnolia
Canada
Am Redstart
Bay-breasted
Wilson’s
Com YT
Ovenbird
Hooded
N Parula
Blackpoll

Also picked up my FOS Scarlet Tanager, a glowing male. Hermit & Swainson’s Thrushes. Family of Carolina Wrens & House Wren. Indigo Buntings. Red-eyed & White-eyed Vireos.

Red-shouldered Hawk being harassed by Blue Jays. Cooper’s Hawk.

O/w, the usual suspects.

Peggy Wang
Zanesville
Sent from my iPad