Date: 5/14/18 9:01 am
From: Alexis Powell <00000046a85cfb27-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Least Tern invasion - LY County
Lyon County is suffering drought, so conditions for marsh and shorebirds are not good, making sewage ponds all the more attractive. Yesterday, 13 May 2018, I observed a Least Tern at the sewage ponds E of Neosho Rapids. Today, 14 May 2018, I found one at the biggest industrial pond on the N side of Logan Ave (about 2 blocks W of Weaver St.) on the E side of Emporia. These may be the first records for the county.

Alexis Powell
Emporia, KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to