Date: 5/14/18 3:46 am
From: Nick Bonomo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Litchfield Hills Audubon Society Big Day fundraiser!
Good morning all,

This year the Raven Lunatics (Frank Gallo, Dave Provencher, Dave Tripp, Fran Zygmont, and I) will be doing a statewide CT Big Day. The Litchfield Hills Audubon Society has been kind enough to organize a fundraiser to support their educational programs in conjunction with our Big Day.

I know there have already been a couple fundraisers for larger organizations posted here recently. The smaller organizations like LHAS could really use our help, as *100%* of pledges will be put towards educational programs such as their “Audubon Adventures” and Scholarship programs for young people.

This is really important to us, as we want some good to come from our efforts, as well as helping offset our carbon footprint as we circle the state in search of birds.

Please see the link below for more information and a pledge form. The due date of May 16th is very flexible, so please keep any pledges coming after then!

http://lhasct.org/www.lhasct.org/HOME.html

You can pledge a flat amount, though the most fun for us are the per-species pledges and the bonus pledges for encountering a specific bird (i.e. pledging an extra $5 if we find a Blue Grosbeak, etc).

Huge thanks to Litchfield Hills Audubon Society for stepping up and putting this together somewhat last-minute after presumed plans with another organization unexpectedly fell through.

To birding, and to children’s environmental education!

Best,
The Raven Lunatics

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT