Date: 5/13/18 10:17 pm
From: Isaac Kramer <isaacnkramer...>
Subject: [wisb] High Cliff and Shiocton Stone Arch Bridge... again
Spent the morning at high cliff and had a pretty slow start to a decent morning of warblers.
remarkable number of GOLDEN WINGED
a couple BLUE WINGED
one BLACK THROATED BLUE
the usual PARULAS
BLACK THROATED GREEN
YELLOW
NASHVILLE
BLACK AND WHITE
MAGNOLIA
CHESTNUT SIDED
BLACKBURNIAN
and GNATCATCHERS
also a singular Indigo Bunting

Went to Heckrodt before noon but it was dead.

I spent the entire afternoon on the backwaters of the wolf and had an amazing number of warblers although most of them were butter butts (well over 100). I put my canoe in across the road from the old stone arch bridge just north of the shiocton airport on hwy 187. The water levels have gone down since last week but they are still plenty high for me to sneak among the trees and explore the flooded forest in my wenonah.
In addition to all the YELLOW RUMPS I saw ~ 5 PROTHONOTARY warblers and quite a few CAPE MAYS.
Most of the others were just here and there a single or couple BLACK THROATED GREEN, PARULA, BLACKPOLL, CHESTNUT SIDED, BLACKBURNIAN, NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE,
also lots of orioles, a few grosbeaks, and a spotted sandpiper

That leaves me with about 15 warbler sp. for the day and I believe I earned every one today. lol

Isaac Kramer, Appleton, Outagamie County