Date: 5/13/18 1:13 pm
From: Jim Nelson <kingfishers2...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Golden-crowned Sparrow in May?
Joey,

Intrigued by your question, I used "Explore -- Species Maps" in eBird
and searched for Golden-crowned Sparrow records in Colorado May to
September and found a scattering of records in May over the years: the
Red Rocks bird was present several years in early to mid-May; another in
the Tamarack State Ranch area in early May 2016; another at Lathrop
State Park in early May 2005; another at the Stulp farm near Lamar in
mid-May 2013; and and another at Burchfield State Wildlife Area in Baca
County in early May 2014. There is also a Colorado Bird Records
Committee record in eBird of a bird at Colorado City in late September
1989.  Nothing in eBird between mid-May and late September.

Jim Nelson

Bethesda, Maryland