Date: 5/13/18 8:40 am
From: Tom Lawler <tjlawler...>
Subject: [COBOL] Saturday’s Sunriver Nature Center Bird Walk.
14 people joined me on yesterday’s Sunriver Nature Center bird walk. I thought it was pretty crummy birding weather but we did manage to get 41 species which is pretty darn good considering the cold wind that never let up. Three of us birded Cardinal Landing for an hour prior to the official bird walk. The best species of the day were at least two very vocal Cassin’s Vireos. There were lots of Wilson’s Warblers in the willows.

I have a feeling the Great Gray has moved on but you never know when one might pop-up again. So I am always looking.

Contact the Nature Center if you are interested in coming along next Saturday.

Cardinal Landing - 19 sightings

Canada Goose 19
Mallard 2
Cinnamon Teal 4
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Wilson's Snipe (Heard) 1
Northern Flicker 3
Western Kingbird 1
Steller's Jay 2
Common Raven 1
Tree Swallow 25
Barn Swallow 1
Mountain Chickadee 2
Pygmy Nuthatch 1
Townsend's Solitaire 1
American Robin 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1
Red-winged Blackbird 50
Brown-headed Cowbird 2
Evening Grosbeak 1

Mary McCallum Park - 12 sightings

Green-winged Teal 3
Ring-necked Duck 3
Olive-sided Flycatcher 1
Cassin's Vireo 2
Tree Swallow 18
Mountain Chickadee 4
Brown Creeper 1
American Robin 6
Yellow-rumped Warbler 4
Chipping Sparrow 4
Black-headed Grosbeak 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 1

Sunriver Marina - 9 sightings

Ring-necked Duck 8
Common Merganser 2
Osprey 1
Tree Swallow 1
Barn Swallow 1
American Robin 1
European Starling 1
Red-winged Blackbird 12
Brewer's Blackbird 1

Sunriver Nature Center - 27 sightings

Canada Goose 16
Trumpeter Swan 1
Mallard 2
Cinnamon Teal 1
Ring-necked Duck 1
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Turkey Vulture 1
Wilson's Snipe 1
Mourning Dove 2
Gray Flycatcher 1
Steller's Jay 1
Common Raven 1
Tree Swallow 49
Violet-green Swallow 1
Barn Swallow 1
Mountain Chickadee 2
Pygmy Nuthatch 2
Marsh Wren 4
American Robin 2
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 9
Savannah Sparrow 1
Red-winged Blackbird 35
Brewer's Blackbird 5
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
House Finch 3
House Sparrow 2

Sunriver Stables - 5 sightings

Tree Swallow 5
Barn Swallow 1
European Starling 4
Savannah Sparrow 1
Brewer's Blackbird 2

Tom

Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we'll soon be in trouble - Roger Tory Peterson