Date: 5/12/18 1:55 pm
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Allegheny Co - Boyce Mayview North IMBD results
All,

Spent the whole morning at Boyce Mayview. Best bird, I guess, was a Philadelphia Vireo. Still loads of Tennessee Warblers around. In the park, along subdivisions, in the middle of town...

Cheers,

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA

Boyce-Mayview Park, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, US
May 12, 2018 6:11 AM - 12:01 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.2 mile(s)
Comments: For IMBD, covering the entire north part of the park from Ravine up, except for the Chartiers Floodplain
74 species

Canada Goose 7 5 flyovers, two on creek
Wood Duck 2 Flyovers
Wild Turkey 1
Great Blue Heron 4
Green Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 3
Broad-winged Hawk 1
Red-tailed Hawk 3 1 on nest in sycamore
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Mourning Dove 14
Chimney Swift 16
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 3
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 9
Downy Woodpecker 6
Hairy Woodpecker 4
Northern Flicker 2
Pileated Woodpecker 2
Eastern Wood-Pewee 3
Acadian Flycatcher 5
Least Flycatcher 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 3
Eastern Kingbird 1
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Philadelphia Vireo 1 Petite vireo with a pale yellowish wash on breast, not incredibly bright, but there.
Red-eyed Vireo 23
Blue Jay 11
American Crow 10
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 1
Tree Swallow 1
Barn Swallow 5
Carolina Chickadee 13
Tufted Titmouse 19
White-breasted Nuthatch 4
Carolina Wren 8
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 4
Eastern Bluebird 1
Swainson's Thrush 4 3 were singing at first, with two counter-singing in the ravine. Awesome!
Wood Thrush 6
American Robin 51
Gray Catbird 2
Brown Thrasher 1
Northern Mockingbird 1
European Starling 5
Cedar Waxwing 21
Tennessee Warbler 12
Nashville Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 3
American Redstart 4
Northern Parula 2
Magnolia Warbler 6
Bay-breasted Warbler 3
Yellow Warbler 5
Chestnut-sided Warbler 4 Including one singing a double song, which I don't think I've heard before
Blackpoll Warbler 1
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1
Yellow-throated Warbler 1