Date: 5/11/18 2:56 pm
From: Simpson, Bruce <simpson...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Blendon Woods-28 Warblers
Blendon Woods Metro Park is located in the northeast corner of Columbus
off of I 270 and Rte 161. Take the Little Turtle Way exit.

Below is a list of Birds seen here the last 5 days. (May 7-11 )

The area around the Bird Blinds at Thoreau Lake has been the most
productive area. Lake Trail also has been good. The woodland trails-Ripple
Rock, Brookside(beginning 100 yards),and Overlook(from beginning to the
steps). I would like to thank the many people who helped find these Birds.
There are many good eyes in this park!

Lake Trail
Warblers
Black-throated Blue
Black-throated Green
Nashville
N Parula
Yellow-throated
Prairie
Yellow-rumped
Bay-breasted
Chestnut-sided
Orange-crownrd
Blackburian
American Redstart
Black-and-white
Kentucky
Cerulean
Magnolia
Cape May
Palm
Oven
Canada
Wilson
Cerulean
Mourning
Summer Tanager
Red-tailed Hawk
Red-headed Woodpecker
Blue-headed Vireo
Indigo Bunting
Veery
Carolina Wren
Pileated Woodpecker
Warbling Vireo
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Least Flycatcher
Eastern Wood Peewee
Swainson's Thrush
Red-eyed Vireo
E Towhee

Thoreau Lake
Warblers
Yellow
Northern Waterthrush
Prothonotary-male
C Yellowthroat
Scarlet Tanager
Swainson's Thrush
E Phoebe
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Gray-cheeked Thrush
Chimney Swift
Belted Kingfisher
Great Egret
E Phoebe
Spotted Sandpiper
Mallard-male
Mallard-female-with duckling
Wood Duck-males
Swallows
Barn
N Rough-winged
Great Blue Heron
Green Heron
Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Hickory Ridge Trail
Louisiana Waterthrush
Wood Thrush
Acadian Flycatcher
Red-eyed Vireo
Great Crested Flycatcher
Black-throated Blue

Goldenrod Trail
Hooded Warbler (Sat May 5th)

Overlook Trail
Warblers
Black-and-white
Black-throated Green
Blackburian
Red-eyed Vireo
Louisiana Waterthrush
Yellow-throated Vireo

Ripple Rock Trail
Hooded Warbler

Goldenrod Trail
Warblers
Ovenbird
Hooded
E Towhee
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Philadalphia Vireo

Nature Center
White-crowned Sparrow
Cooper's Hawk
Hairy woodpecker
White-throated Sparrow
Bluebirds-pair coming to feeder
Nashville Warbler
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Veery-singing

Turkeys-everywhere-males are displaying

Blendon Woods Metro Park
Nature Center
614-895-6221

Bruce Simpson-Naturalist at Blendon Woods Metro Park in Columbus