Date: 5/11/18 7:34 am
From: 'Chris Edwards' via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Hickory Hill Park, Iowa City
We had a great Warbler Walk this morning in Hickory Hill Park with a group
of around 20 birders. Conditions were overcast and very windy, but there
were active flocks of warblers in the sheltered areas. We saw 19 warbler
species and highlights included multiple Cape May Warblers (males and
females, including long looks at a male bathing in the creek and preening),
Bay-breasted Warblers, and Canada Warblers, plus a late Winter Wren, our
first Eastern Wood-Pewees, and several male Scarlet Tanagers. Estimated
counts:

Ovenbird 2
Golden-winged Warbler 4
Black-and-white Warbler 2