Date: 5/10/18 12:06 pm
From: Molly Zahn <mollymzahn...>
Subject: Re: OP Arboretum Blue-winged Warbler
Peter and I hit the OP Arboretum this morning. Too hot too soon, but
otherwise nice to be out. Thanks to Malcolm for directions on the
blue-winged warbler. The first time we heard "it" singing, we hurried
toward the sound and discovered it being blasted from someone's cell phone
(grrr). Later on, we heard it sing in the same place where Malcolm had it
last night (and no people around as far as we could see!), but couldn't get
our eyes on it. It wasn't singing consistently.

Overall we had 17 warbler species, including nice looks at magnolia,
blackburnian, and mourning, and FOS yellow-billed cuckoo and Acadian
flycatcher. We had our ears open but didn't find the yellow-bellied.

Molly Zahn
Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to