Date: 5/10/18 6:30 am
From: Eric Lundquist <brewbird1...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET European goldfinches in Lake County IL
I saw several pairs while golfing at Foss Park in North Chicago on Tuesday.

Eric Lundquist Mundelein, IL brewbird1 [at] yahoo dot com

On Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 7:36:22 PM CDT, Todd Anderson <tcanders123...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

We've had a pair at our feeders for the last four evenings.
Todd AndersonMundelein, Lake County
On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 4:51 PM, <ericwalters7...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

Euro Goldfinch have nested in multiple years, in multiple locations, in northeast Lake county.  I'd bet you could find additional details in eBird or Illinois Birds and Birding.  In just the last two years, I've found nests at North Point Marina (last year) and Illinois Beach State Park south unit (this and last years).

Eric WaltersGrandview, MO/Zion, IL

Join us on Facebook!