Date: 5/9/18 12:22 pm
From: Alan & Joan Linquist <linquists...>
Subject: [wisb] Orioles and jelly
I have a question about orioles and jelly.  Its been said that orioles like grape jelly.  I was at the store, looking at the various brands and the issue of corn syrup popped into my mind.  From what I remember, we are NOT supposed to give hummingbirds corn syrup based sweetened water.  Only pure cane sugar will do.  Does this rule apply to orioles?  Except for the expensive brands, all grape jellies are corn syrup based. Is this okay for larger birds? Is there a brand they prefer?  I'm putting some out today.  Thanks.
 Alan LinquistWashington County