Date: 5/9/18 8:51 am
From: Patrick Comins via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Please take action for public lands today
Apologies for the short notice:

A LEGISLATIVE ACTION ALERT FROM THE CONNECTICUT AUDUBON SOCIETY
The Legislative session in Hartford ends TODAY but there's one more important action we're asking you to take.
A really crucial bill, called SJ 35, "Resolution proposing an Amendment to the State Constitution to Protect Real Property Held or Controlled by the State," may well die in the State House of Representatives, ending a long effort to permanently protect state-owned conservation lands.
Our friends at the Connecticut Forest and Parks Association prepared something that we are simply going to quote.
Here's what to do. (Please do it this morning - don't even wait 'til this afternoon. We'll let you know the results as soon as we know):
First, go to the attached link (https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp...<https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp?selBillType=Bill&which_year=2018&bill_num=sj+35> )
to see if your State House member is one of the 75 co-sponsors of SJ 35.
If they ARE co-sponsors, then please email or call with the following message:

"Dear State Representative ____________,
Thank you for being a co-sponsor of SJ 35, "Resolution proposing an Amendment to the State Constitution to Protect Real Property Held or Controlled by the State," which passed the Senate on Monday unanimously (35-0).

As your constituent, I urge you to take action in your caucus today to 1) bring SJ 35 to the Floor of the House for a vote, and 2) oppose any amendments proposed to the resolution.

I want the opportunity to vote at the ballot box in November on this important issue, so please take action within your caucus to bring SJ 35 to the floor for a vote in the House before the session ends tonight.

Sincerely,
Your Name/Town"

If they are NOT co-sponsors, please email or call with the following quick message:
"Dear State Representative __________,

I want to make sure you know that I care about the future of Connecticut' public lands, and I hope you will do everything you can to bring SJ 35 to the floor for a vote before the session ends. SJ 35, "Resolution proposing an Amendment to the State Constitution to Protect Real Property Held or Controlled by the State," passed the Senate on Monday unanimously (35-0).

I want the opportunity to vote at the ballot box in November on this important issue, so please take action within your caucus to 1) bring SJ 35 to the floor for a vote in the House, and 2) oppose any amendments proposed to the resolution.

Sincerely,
Your Name/Town"

Thank you again! We'll let you know how it goes

Patrick M. Comins
Executive Director

314 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824