Date: 5/9/18 8:11 am
From: Lindsey Duval <lindsey.duval...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Saratoga County 5/9
Having missed checking the radar at all last night, I went to Bog Meadow
with only the expectation of the regulars and got quite a surprise.

While thinking about how I'd really like to see a WILSON'S WARBLER a male
one sang from a nearby bush and gave great views.

Things didn't really get good until I got into the woods. There I had 5
MAGNOLIA WARBLERS, 4 BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLERS, a BLACK-THROATED BLUE
WARBLER, 10 BLACKBURNIAN WARBLERS, 2 CAPE MAY WARBLERS, a NORTHERN PARULA,
and a BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER. Further down I had 2 CANADA WARBLERS,
multiple SCARLET TANAGERS, and multiple ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAKS. Also back
in the woods were a bunch of RED-EYED VIREOS.

On the Meadowbrook side of the trail I had a male BLACKPOLL WARBLER singing
while eating, at just above my head.

I also went to Orra Phelps Preserve on Parkhurst Rd in Wilton and found a
LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSH (this place has a fast-flowing stream) and a
CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER.

Lindsey D.

Join us on Facebook!