Date: 5/9/18 6:24 am
From: zach schwartz-weinstein <zachsw...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Washington Park Wednesday AM
At Washington Park in downtown Albany this morning I took the stroller out
and found a couple birds on an overall very quiet morning. The
unquestionable highlight was a Lincoln’s sparrow, probably the only one
that I’ve ever seen during spring migration – they seem to be much easier
to find during fall (and on their breeding territory in the bogs north of
us. Other notable birds for the park were a Least Flycatcher, Eastern
wood-pewee, Yellow Warbler, Common yellowthroat, American redstart, and
probable Blackpoll Warbler. Several ruby-crowned kinglets are still
hanging around. The park is about to become unbirdable this weekend due to
the tulip festival.
--
Zach Schwartz-Weinstein
203 500 7774