Date: 5/8/18 8:08 am
From: Andrew Tillinghast <andrewtillinghast...>
Subject: Re: [birders] New level of absurdity in the Arb (Ann Arbor)
I agree. Levels of nest parasitism by human babies has decimated local
populations of neotropical songbirds. Last year I witnessed a vireo feeding
grubs to a huge, towheaded baby dominating the nest. Truly heartbreaking!

Andrew Tillinghast
Ann Arbor

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 9:23 AM JOHN PARKER <parkerj15...> wrote:

> I concur. There are too many children being born in the Arb.
>
> John Parker
>
> Waterford, MI
>
> On May 7, 2018 at 3:33 PM Roger Kuhlman <rkuhlman...> wrote:
>
> Unbelievably Arb (Nichol's Arboretum) authorities are now using leaf
> blowers to artificially manipulate and cultivate vegetation in the
> Arboretum (Ann Arbor). This nonsense is nothing but an Environmental
> diversion and has minimal connection with preserving natural habitats and
> native ecosystems as these people so piously claim. If you really want to
> do that, you would put most (all?) of your efforts into stopping Human
> Population growth and decreasing Human impacts drastically on the natural
> environment both in the United States and Worldwide. Messing around with
> small artificial landscapes with a few native plants ain't going to cut it.
>

> Roger Kuhlman
>
> Ann Arbor, Michigan
>

> Healthy populations of birds and butterflies both locally, nationally, and
> internationally are heavily dependent on large scale highly interconnected
> natural habitats filled with rich biodiversity.
>

> --
> www.glc.org
> ---
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/group/birders/.
> https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<DM5PR14MB143354EC00BC8712F3CCA54FC59B0...>
> <https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<DM5PR14MB143354EC00BC8712F3CCA54FC59B0...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/optout.
>
> --
> www.glc.org
> ---
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/group/birders/.
> https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<269262331.98988.1525785797889...>
> <https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<269262331.98988.1525785797889...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/optout.

--
Sent from a cell phone so please read leniently.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CA%2Bquiqc4MsLCUeDnqZcc95mk78uH-Nw6b_ANJKh0zq3PEB%<2BLwg...>