Date: 5/7/18 4:52 pm
From: 'Bill Hubick' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Protect our most critical bird habitat - support the MD/DC Audubon IBA Birdathon!
Hi Everyone,
One time post for an awesome cause. Please consider supporting!
Please help protect Maryland's Important Bird Areas (IBAs) by supporting MD-DC Audubon's 8th annual IBA Birdathon!https://mailchi.mp/audubon/please-sponsor-our-2018-birdathon

We'll traverse the state over 24 hours, tallying as many bird species as possible. This year's team will be Bill Hubick, Dan Small, John Hubbell, and Mikey Lutmerding. Dave Curson and Matt Hafner will be there in spirit, Matt still providing logistical support! Our best IBA Birdathon total was 213 species in 2014, just one bird shy of the famous Maryland record. (Though we've been having fun with noon-to-noon big days, which aren't kosher by current ABA big day standards.)
Maryland is now home to over 40 Important Bird Areas (IBAs), sites that are of critical importance to nesting and migrant birds. The program continues to work hard to protect these sites across Maryland and can really use your help! Please read about where your contributions will go and consider donating here:
http://md.audubon.org/conservation/ibas-maryland
https://mailchi.mp/audubon/please-sponsor-our-2018-birdathon

Starting at noon on Friday, May 11th, we'll again post updates from the field on Facebook with the hash tag #IBABirdathon. Thank you for your support!
Good birding,

Bill Bill HubickPasadena, Marylandhttp://www.billhubick.comhttp://www.marylandbiodiversity.comhttp://www.facebook.com/MarylandBiodiversity