Date: 5/7/18 1:29 pm
From: Fran M <franmmmk...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET link to article on NU and bird collisions with their buildings
Personally, I’m not buying this NU stuff. NU spends a few thousand to quiet the critics, but when you build millions (billions ?) of dollars worth of buildings right on top of the lake, what do you expect? I’m thankful Evanston and Chicago protected the lakefront for people and wildlife to enjoy. NU has a different agenda, and don’t let them fool you. It’s not about recreation and wildlife.

Fran Morel

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 7, 2018, at 12:54 PM, Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>
> I haven't read the link yet but it's from American Bird Conservancy's e-mail today:
>
> Northwestern University Takes Action to Make Buildings Bird-Friendly
>
> Working with the local community and experts from American Bird Conservancy, Northwestern University is using state-of-the-art solutions to keep birds from dying in collisions with glass walls and windows. The measures put Northwestern in the vanguard of a growing movement among U.S. colleges and universities to implement practical and effective ways to avoid collisions which kill up to 1 billion birds a year in the U.S. alone.
>

> Suzanne Coleman
> cook co.

Join us on Facebook!