Date: 5/7/18 10:20 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: May Birds
We had a nice early morning of birding around our place after being away
for two weeks. Our biggest surprise was seeing an adult, male Scarlet
Tanager perched beside our suet feeder. We are not used to seeing them so
close. I was quite happy to hear a Golden-winged Warbler on our walk up the
mountain. The Chestnut-sided Warblers were the most numerous. We saw or
heard 8 warbler species. I am still thrilled to be hearing all this music
around us so much better since getting hearing aids. It was well worth it.
Herb Myers, Harman, Randolph County

Mountain House of Hope, Randolph, West Virginia, US
May 7, 2018 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments: Cloudy. 48 degrees
27 species

Least Flycatcher 1
Eastern Phoebe 2 nesting
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 2
Black-capped Chickadee 1
Tufted Titmouse 1
House Wren 1
Carolina Wren 1
Wood Thrush 1
American Robin 4
Gray Catbird 1
Brown Thrasher 1
Louisiana Waterthrush 1
Common Yellowthroat 2
Hooded Warbler 1
American Redstart 2
Northern Parula 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler 2
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Chipping Sparrow 2
Field Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 1
Scarlet Tanager 1
Northern Cardinal 1
Baltimore Oriole 1
House Finch 2 nesting
American Goldfinch 5

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45415925

Blizzards Gate Road low, Harman, WV, Randolph, West Virginia, US
May 7, 2018 7:15 AM - 9:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: Cloudy, 47 degrees