Date: 5/7/18 8:48 am
From: Keith Wood <kwood...>
Subject: Backyard surprise
Been gone for a few days and returned to find our hoard of Am Goldfinches scattered, virtually no birds around our urban backyard.  This morning however, a surprise.  Both a male and female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak, nibbling at the feeders.  Last time we recorded one here in our backyard was May 2010.  Always nice to see that beautiful bird.  Been an unusal spring with bluebirds and brown thrashers in the backyard before these grosbeaks.

Keith Wood

Lawrence KS

<kwood...>

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html