Date: 5/7/18 5:10 am
From: Andrew Mason <andymason...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Birding Challenge--Schoharie and Delaware Cos.
Folks--

See below for an upcoming birding event at three local state parks in
Schoharie and Delaware Cos.*_

_*Andy Mason*_

The Greater Mine Kill Birding Challenge, May 19-20, 2018_*
**
*A 24+ hour competition to count the greatest number of bird species by
sight or sound in our three local State Parks: Mine Kill State Park, Max
V. Shaul State Park and the John Burroughs Memorial Historic Site. The
competition will kick off at 7am on Saturday, May 19, and culminate at
11am on Sunday, May 20 with the kick-off of Mine Kill State Park's
Spring Bird Festival. Winners will be announced at the festival.
Prizes will be awarded in both Youth (15 and under) and Adult Classes!*
**
***Pre-register now to receive your official bird checklist, or register
at Mine Kill State Park Saturday, May 19, between 7am and 11am. Then go
out and count as many bird species as you can in the 24+ hours till the
start of Mine Kill's Spring Bird Festival! There is no entry fee for
this challenge. To pre-register, simply email **<minekillsp...>
<mailto:<minekillsp...>**and request an official Greater Mine
Kill Birding Challenge checklist. We will also send maps if you aren't
too familiar with our parks.*

--
Andrew Mason
1039 Peck St.