Date: 5/7/18 12:39 am
From: Mitchell Nussbaum <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender acornwithteeth for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] UW Mosse Bldg, Cliff Swallows
On the way to the UW Chazen Museum Sun. afternoon, I noticed there were dozens of Cliff swallows swooping around by the Mosse Humanities building next door. On closer inspection, they were attracted to square recesses under the ceiling there. I watched them and there would be up to 8 birds in some of the squares, perched on the side of them. Some were leaving dark deposits - mud I guess. I don't know if they will build nests. I'll have to check again.

Later, at sunset, we went to 9 Springs and saw 12 Sandhill cranes fly over. Also some geese. We could hear unison calls from the cranes, as well as many other birds - warblers, Woodcocks peenting, Red winged blackbirds, robins, catbirds, and more. There were frogs too.

- Genie Ogden
Madison