Date: 5/6/18 7:44 pm
From: Lee Schoenewe <lschoe...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Even bigger FOY day
Saturday Joe and I spent the morning in Clay and Palo Alto counties adding
shorebirds, warblers and sparrows amongst others. 27 new ones for the year
in the morning ncluding Mute Swan (sighting and not heard only!), Cattle
Egret, Sora and Virginia Rail (heard only), Long-billed Dowitcher (114), Am
Golden Plover, Dunlin (just 1), and Am Bittern. Lakes and marshes are full
of water so shorebird habitat was flooded areas along Little Sioux River.
After lunch I added 3 more FOY for 30 on the day - Loggerhead Shrike, Willet
and Eastern Towhee. Year total is 163 and should be well over 200 by month
end. I am taking this week off to observe migration and anticipate no
regrets! May the birds be with us!

Lee A Schoenewe

Spencer