Date: 5/6/18 6:34 pm
From: Tyler Grant <tgrant77...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Story County - Colo Bogs
The Ibis were still present at 6:30 PM and I'll admit something I never see
people admit. I flushed them trying to get a picture to verify for myself
whether they were White-faced Ibis or Glossy Ibis. They flew in circles
overhead so I think they want to come back. I got in my car and left to
see if they would land, but they didn't land in the same spot while I was
still there. It still seems like to me they'll return, it seemed to be a
nice spot to feed - there were at the very least 50 Lesser Yellowlegs and a
variety of other birds. I bet they'll be there in the morning.

My pictures showed a red iris and gray bill so I'm confident they were
White-faced Ibis. Photo has been uploaded to eBird:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45386598

Tyler Grant
Ames