Date: 5/6/18 5:10 pm
From: <onespayiowa...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Nahant Marsh, Scott Cty
I appreciated the person who posted EVERYTHING they saw while out birding
the other day. The common things never get much attention, so I thought
I'd join in.

I had a GREAT day at Nahant today. Got three new birds for my list and it
was just so busy out there:

NW side:

Cardinal
Common yellow throat
Catbird
R.W. blackbird
Yellow warbler
Robin
Red tailed hawk
Chickadee
Song Sparrow
Kildeer
Blue Jay
Warbling vireo
Yellow rumped warbler
Redstart
Baltimore oriole
Blue and gray gnatcatcher
Towhee
White crowned sparrow
Ruby crowned kinglet
Swainson's thrush
Turkey vulture
Eurasian tree sparrow
Tree swallow
Northern water thrush
Sandhill crane
Rough winged swallow
Sora rail (actually saw them, one about 10 feet and the other 50 feet away)
Goldfinch
Starling

SE side:

Coot