Date: 5/6/18 4:50 pm
From: 'michel.cavigelli' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Cape May Warblers
I don't see them every year in my neighborhood but have seen a couple this week already.
Michel CavigelliGreenbelt,  PGCo

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...> Date: 5/6/18 1:14 PM (GMT-05:00) To: Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...> Subject: [MDBirding] Cape May Warblers
Is anyone else experiencing more than normal numbers of Cape May Warblers? I had my FOY here in the yard on Thursday May 3, feeding in one of my tall wild cherry trees. Then very early on Saturday (6:19am), May 5, one flew in and landed in my sweet bay magnolia tree, at eye level, less than 25 feet away from where I sat on the deck with my first cup of coffee. This morning, just after 7am, there were a pair in a red maple in my front yard, and then just after 10am, I watched one feeding in a very large red oak in my backyard. 5 sightings in 4 days is more than I see of this species in several years, usually. All the birds were males. Astounding!

Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD