Date: 5/6/18 10:28 am
From: 'Susan Hunt' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Cape May Warblers
We just had three today at Violette's Lock - and there were three at Hughes last week. Beautiful birds!
Susan HuntWheaton/Sligo Woods
On Sunday, May 6, 2018, 1:26:04 PM EDT, 'MikeBowen' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...> wrote:

On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 1:14:17 PM UTC-4, Warblerick wrote:
> Is anyone else experiencing more than normal numbers of Cape May Warblers? I had my FOY here in the yard on Thursday May 3, feeding in one of my tall wild cherry trees. Then very early on Saturday (6:19am), May 5, one flew in and landed in my sweet bay magnolia tree, at eye level, less than 25 feet away from where I sat on the deck with my first cup of coffee. This morning, just after 7am, there were a pair in a red maple in my front yard, and then just after 10am, I watched one feeding in a very large red oak in my backyard. 5 sightings in 4 days is more than I see of this species in several years, usually. All the birds were males. Astounding!
>
> Rick Sussman
> Woodbine, MD

Probably not significant, but I have seen two Cape Mays in the last 3 days -- one in McCrillis Gardens in Bethesda and the other this morning in Rock Creek Park, DC.  I saw 9 in all of 2017, and 7 of those were in Cuba!

Mike Bowen
Bethesda