Date: 5/6/18 10:14 am
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Cape May Warblers
Is anyone else experiencing more than normal numbers of Cape May Warblers? I had my FOY here in the yard on Thursday May 3, feeding in one of my tall wild cherry trees. Then very early on Saturday (6:19am), May 5, one flew in and landed in my sweet bay magnolia tree, at eye level, less than 25 feet away from where I sat on the deck with my first cup of coffee. This morning, just after 7am, there were a pair in a red maple in my front yard, and then just after 10am, I watched one feeding in a very large red oak in my backyard. 5 sightings in 4 days is more than I see of this species in several years, usually. All the birds were males. Astounding!

Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD