Date: 5/5/18 1:16 pm
From: Chris Johnston <cmjohnston...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Louisiana Life birding article
It is a generally accepted rule in journalism that you never let the
people you have interviewed review the piece prior to publication. They may
call you back to verify any quotes prior to publication, but this varies
greatly by the newspaper or magazine they are employed by and is
influenced by how close the reporter is to the publication deadline and how
busy they are (reporters today are very busy).

Some reporters will allow subjects to review pieces but it is highly
unusual and done on a case-by-case basis. For instance, NY TImes does not
allow it under any circumstance.

Christopher Johnston

Join us on Facebook!