Date: 5/5/18 10:16 am
From: Derek C. Richardson <dcr...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Lake Artemesia 5/5/18 (PG County)

Can't beat the amazing Rock Creek Park count but we did pretty well at
Lake Artemesia in PG County this morning, with 13 warbler species (maybe
14) and nearly 70 species overall. The late Gadwall pair continue. Full
eBird checklist below, with some pictures to be posted later.

Lake Artemesia, Prince George's, Maryland, US
May 5, 2018 6:53 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.13 mile(s)
Comments: Distance is mostly one way. Birding with Laura and Petr.
Shorebird flyover, either SOSA or SPSA, couldn't tell which. May have
heard OVEN. Also saw 1 Eastern Cottontail and 1 White-tailed Deer.
69 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 15 includes 7 goslings
Wood Duck 3
Gadwall 2 continuing
Mallard 5
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Double-crested Cormorant 2
Great Blue Heron 1
Green Heron 2
Black Vulture 1
Turkey Vulture 2
Red-shouldered Hawk 1 heard only
Ring-billed Gull 1
Mourning Dove 7
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1 maybe more, heard only
Barred Owl 1 maybe 2, heard only (usual place)
Chimney Swift 3
Belted Kingfisher 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 4
Downy Woodpecker 3
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Acadian Flycatcher 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 6
Eastern Kingbird 2
Warbling Vireo 2
Red-eyed Vireo 6
Blue Jay 6
American Crow 4
Fish Crow 1
crow sp. 2
Common Raven 1 chased by crows
Tree Swallow 5
Barn Swallow 10
Carolina Chickadee 7
Tufted Titmouse 4
White-breasted Nuthatch 3
House Wren 2
Carolina Wren 8
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 10
Swainson's Thrush 2
Wood Thrush 2
American Robin 7
Gray Catbird 7
Northern Mockingbird 3
European Starling 2
Cedar Waxwing 15
Black-and-white Warbler 2
Common Yellowthroat 4
American Redstart 2
Cape May Warbler 1
Northern Parula 5
Magnolia Warbler 2
Yellow Warbler 3
Chestnut-sided Warbler 2
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1 heard only ("bring me beer")
Palm Warbler 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) 12
Prairie Warbler 1
Black-throated Green Warbler 2
White-throated Sparrow 6
Song Sparrow 1
Scarlet Tanager 1 heard only ("chip-burr")
Northern Cardinal 20
Orchard Oriole 1
Baltimore Oriole 1 heard only
Red-winged Blackbird 8
Brown-headed Cowbird 7
Common Grackle 10
American Goldfinch 10
House Sparrow 6

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45295950

Derek C. Richardson, Laurel, PG County, MD
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~dcr/personal.html