Date: 5/5/18 10:13 am
From: Bradley Moser <mindofmoser...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Biddeford Whip-poor-will
The Proctor Rd Whip-poor-will made its return on Thursday night, May 3rd.
Last year, for about 8 weeks around the summer solstice, you could set a
clock to its 8:55 pm start-up whipping. The clock shifted, of course, as
sunset times changed. This guy hasn't tuned up his clock yet, as Lena and
I heard it around 4:30 in the morning for the first time. We did not hear
it on Friday night (May 4), although we did not stay up all night (lazy
birders). We look forward to another summer of whipping in our backyard
before we move to Deerfield, MA in August...

Cheers,

Brad Moser