Date: 5/5/18 9:40 am
From: 'Diana Pesek' via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Saturday morning birding in Johnson County
Birding was a bit slow at the couple of places where I took walks this morning in Johnson County.

No luck with the Kentucky Warbler that was present Thursday and Friday at Hickory Hill Park in Iowa City. Warblers were scarce overall.

There were 3 Least Flycatchers seen and/or heard.  A Veery was seen, but I didn't get on it before it disappeared in the brush.

A mid- to late-morning walk at Squire Point was also lacking in warbler variety, and I did not hear or see any Ceruleans. I did have an Acadian Flycatcher and lovely looks at my favorite passerine, Scarlet Tanager.

Gray-cheeked and Swainson's Thrushes continue at Squire Point.
Diana Pesek
Cedar Rapids