Date: 5/4/18 8:36 pm
From: Barry Haas <bhaas...>
Subject: Please help us recruit 5th and 6th boys and girls for this June's Halberg Ecology Camp
Dear ARBIRDers,

We need your help! The Arkansas Audubon Society needs your help to recruit current 5th and 6th grade boys and girls who love hands-on nature for this June's Halberg Ecology Camp sessions. Campers get a sampling of seven disciplines- ornithology, mammalogy, aquatic biology, herpetology, entomology, geology and botany- during the Sunday to Friday sessions. A group of 8-10 first-year campers are taught by two instructors who teach as a team in each class. It's intense, it's expensive and it works!

Be on the lookout for current 5th and 6th grade boys and girls who love nature, and who would be good applicants to attend camp this June. For families who can't afford the regular tuition we have some scholarships and tuition assistance. Tuition for first-year campers is $325 versus our actual $450 cost per camper.

The important thing is to get the families of nature loving youths to complete and submit applications. The camp's executive director can then work with each family on funding.

Here's a link to the Halberg Ecology Camp page where there are links to download the application form (Word or PDF) and also the camp brochure:

http://www.arbirds.org/halberg_ecology_camp.html

We rent Camp Clearfork near Crystal Springs, Arkansas, from the Forest Service for two weeks each June. No one other than campers and our assorted personnel are allowed in the facility while we are there. This is a safe learning environment.

Each session we have space for up to 50 first-year campers along with 12 second-year campers who are invited back for a second year of nature study. The Halberg Ecology Camp has a director, assistant director, executive director/publicity director, 12 instructors, registered nurse, activity director, kitchen staff and custodian.

Please share this nature education opportunity with everyone you know who may have a nature loving 5th or 6th grader in their family or circle of friends. And please let me know if you have any questions about the Halberg Ecology Camp.

Barry Haas
Halberg Ecology Camp Treasurer

Join us on Facebook!