Date: 5/4/18 6:50 pm
From: Rebecca Suomala <rsuomala2...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Concord spring arrivals
For the last three days Zeke Cornell and I have birded in the Concord
area before work. It has been great to see all the spring migrants
returning. Horseshoe Pond has definitely been a hot spot with lots of
warbler activity. Highlights below.

Wednesday (5/2) highlights from Horseshoe Pond with Mark Suomala:
6 new warbler species
Northerrn Waterthrush
Black-throated Green
Northern Parula
Black-and-white
Black-throated Blue

Yellow Warbler

50+ Yellow-rumped Warblers
Green Heron
Spotted Sandpiper
Least Flycatcher

Thursday at Concord Airport with Kathryn Friedan

Grasshopper Sparrow

Vesper Sparrow

Common Yellowthroat

E. Whip-poor-will before dawn at the Karnerr Blue Easement by Zeke

Thursday - new arrivals at Horseshoe Pond with Kathryn and Mark
Suomala

Eastern Kingbird

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Great Crestd Flycatcher

Chimney Swift

Zeke had Prairie Warbler and Ovenbird at Mast Yard State Forest and
Bank Swallow at SPNHF Merrimack River Conservation Area.

I ended the day with a whip-poor-will sitting in the road at the Birch
St. community gardens!

Today's new arrivals were

Magnolia Warbler and American Redstart at Cilley State Forest

Nashville Warbler, Warbling Vireo and Baltimore Oriole at Horseshoe
Pond

Isn't spring migration wonderful?!?!

Becky Suomala

Concord, NH

--
To Change your e-mail delivery settings (digest, daily, no mail)
visit: