Date: 5/3/18 2:33 pm
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Washington County - SGL 232 - lots of birds!
All,

Spent 3+ hours this morning around Taylorstown and the 232 gamelands. Missed out on a lot, including very easy species, but still got a total of 73 species for the morning. Highlights included:

Eastern Kingbird - they ALL came back overnight...I had at least 7

Acadian Flycatcher - 2 singing, kind of early

Great Crested Flycatcher - 3

Warbling Vireo - 3

Yellow-throated Vireo - 8

Red-eyed Vireo - 5+

White-eyed Vireo - 1

Wood Thrush - numerous

Eastern Bluebird - 4

Swainson's Thrush - 1

Yellow Warbler - everywhere

Common Yellowthroat - 4-6

American Redstart - ridiculous numbers of them...counted at least 27 singing, and there had to be many more

Blue-winged Warbler - 1 singing male in a forest edge at eye level

Northern Parula - 2, neither singing a typical song. One was the double zur-zur zoo-zoo zee-zee up; the other a very odd alternate

Yellow-throated Warbler - 4 singing

Black-and-white Warbler - 1 singing

Cerulean Warbler - 4 singing...usually, I have 8-12 this time of year, but they're late

Yellow-breasted Chat - 1 calling. Right, not a warbler anymore. Still a bird.

Louisiana Waterthrush - 4

Hooded Warbler - 2

Orchard Oriole - 2+

Baltimore Oriole - 6+

Swamp Sparrow - 2

Savannah Sparrow - 1

White-throated Sparrow - 3

Ring-necked Pheasant - 1 male in typical habitat...standing on the side of the road

Indigo Bunting - 1 singing

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA

Join us on Facebook!