Date: 5/3/18 2:29 pm
From: Timothy Huizenga <thuizenga...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET LaBagh Woods - Magic Spot!
I had a special afternoon at LaBagh Woods today.  After wandering around the area, I happened on a certain spot and was delighted to see 15 species of warblers without moving, including prothonotary, hooded (pair), LA waterthrush, and Tennessee.  I only left the spot because my feet were hurting and it started raining.  I saw a blackburnian and a black throated blue at other spots at LaBagh, giving me a total of 17 warblers for the afternoon.  The magic spot is about 100 feet north of the graffiti-filled bridge.  The pair of hooded warblers was at the bottom of the embankment very close to the path, while the prothonotary and Louisiana waterthrush were farther out in the flooded area.
Tim HuizengaCook

Join us on Facebook!