Date: 5/3/18 5:23 am
From: jim weyers <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender jdw1031 for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] robin vs fishing line
While walking around the Butterfly trail at High Cliff State Park, we came upon a robin hanging upside down up in a tree where he had gotten tangled in some monofiliment fishing line. He was struggling mightily to get free but was unable to do so. It was out of reach but after a bit of messing around we got him cut down and he flew off, hopefully ok.I would encourage anyone who sees line (that is safely accessible) abandoned in a tree or bush  to remove it. It is  attractive as nest material and particularly deadly when it has a hook with a worm still attached.
Jim WeyersAppletonOutagamie county