Date: 5/2/18 7:03 am
From: Mary Webster <webster_mary...>
Subject: [COBOL] Summer Lake 5-6 AM BBEw
Sora rails, sand hills, killdeer.

Marv Webster

Sent from my iPhone

On May 1, 2018, at 6:47 PM, Dave Tracy <davidctracy...><mailto:<davidctracy...>> wrote:

Not as much activity as last week, but we had some first of the season birds to keep things interesting. Some of the group continued after I had to leave so there may be a few additions to the list. Here's what we saw:

Sawyer Park, Deschutes, Oregon, US
May 1, 2018 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: ECAS Birding By Ear group
39 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 8 One pair with a single gosling
Mallard 30 Several with new broods
California Quail 4
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 4
Eurasian Collared-Dove 2
Mourning Dove 12
Vaux's Swift 2 First of Season for BBE group
Northern Flicker 6
Empidonax sp. 1 Quick look at a silent bird
Cassin's Vireo 1 First of Season for BBE group
Steller's Jay 5
California Scrub-Jay 2
American Crow 1
Common Raven 1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 15
Tree Swallow 25
Violet-green Swallow 50
Bank Swallow 2
Barn Swallow 1
Mountain Chickadee 4
Bushtit 6 Pair seen working on nest
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
Pygmy Nuthatch 15
House Wren 6
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3
American Robin 15
European Starling 3
Cedar Waxwing 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler 18
Townsend's Warbler 1 First of Season for BBE group, nice bright male
White-crowned Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 5
Red-winged Blackbird 35
Brown-headed Cowbird 10
Evening Grosbeak 5 First of Season for BBE group
House Finch 20
Pine Siskin 5
Lesser Goldfinch 10
House Sparrow 8