Date: 5/2/18 7:04 am
From: Drew Cashman <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender drcashman11 for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] Castle Creek Conservancy Waunakee-Solitary Sandpiper
I took an early morning  walk through the conservancy to locate some of these warblers that just showed up.  I got a  Palm and a few Black White but missed a few. I need to beat off the rust of my Warbler ID skills for the season!
The surprising find was a Solitary Sandpiper forging in the large puddles on the trail.  It probably paused it's migration because of the storms last night.  Also a Green Heron was perched over the creek. Thrush and Sparrow families were well represented too.  Brown Thrashers,Tree Swallows and Catbirds have also returned.
Drew CWaunakee Dane County