Date: 5/1/18 6:57 am
From: Jay Jones <jonesjay62...>
Subject: Re: Rachael Carson and "enviro-fascists"
For years the environmental activist’s mantra was “Save the Earth”!! That call was naive — or worse, disingenuous — it should have been “Save the Humans”. That mantra change may have caught the attention of the public more forcefully.

The pale blue dot we humans now occupy will rebound quite nicely once it’s most destructive species (Homo Sapiens) has been rendered extinct, by it’s own arrogance and blind self-interest. The pity is that many innocent species of plants and animals will precede us.

Bill, I share your perspective, for what it’s worth. I shudder at what lies ahead for future generations of life on Earth.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 1, 2018, at 8:27 AM, Bill Thurman <bill.masterofmusic...> wrote:
>
> I'll make my comments as brief as possible. The human race is on a collision course with Reality, worse than any "asteroid " that they could have ever dreamed of. With 8 billion and more coming they will have gone beyond the pale. They ("we") are now the ultimate junk species. All birds are sacred compared with a species like "us". When the numbers have spun further out of control than they are now, wildlife and rare species will be devastated to a point that makes "now" look mild. The most horrifying plagues of new diseases, wars and environmental breakdowns will occur and the earth will be littered with dead humans everywhere, thereby bringing some relief to all the madness. Somehow the earth will survive "us" but it's a gigantic question whether "we" will survive the hell that we've made of the earth. That's all for now, folks.
>
> Bluewater Bill - Bill Thurman
>
> PS you can sanctimoniously criticize all you want. I don't give a damn.
>
>> On Tue, May 1, 2018, 08:01 Judy & Don <9waterfall9...> wrote:
>> Thank you for that, DeLynn. Of course that is also my understanding, but I am surrounded by people whose interpretation is quite the opposite.
>>
>> Judith
>> Ninestone
>>
>>> On Apr 30, 2018, at 11:04 PM, Warbling Vireo <0000001d24760ffa-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>>>
>>> My own (Christian) study of the Bible brings me to the conclusion that the God of my understanding expects environmental stewardship. One of the clearest, most succinct verses on that is Leviticus 25:23
>>> "The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants."
>>>

>>> Now back specifically to birds.
>>>
>>> D. DeLynn Hearn
>>> 317 West K Ave.
>>> N. Little Rock, AR 72116