Date: 4/30/18 7:42 pm
From: Jeff Bilsky <jbilsky...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Skokie Lagoons - Cook County - Migrants
What a difference 24 hours makes.
Wandered for nearly 3 hours doing my usual loop from Willow Road.

First of year species for me:
BROAD-WINGED HAWK (one flyover), SOLITARY SANDPIPER (1), BANK SWALLOWS (2
at least with the big group over the water), BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER (5),
BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLERS (2), ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS (2), NASHVILLE
WARBLER (1), YELLOW WARBLER (3), PINE WARBLER (1).

Other highlights included:
A pair of MONK PARAKEETS, a couple of SPOTTED SANDPIPERS, the massive
numbers of PALM and YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS and a stunning GREEN HERON. I'm
confident despite my attempted patience and thoroughness, I missed some
other good stuff. It was absurdly birdy at times.

Photos of most of these embedded here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45125778

Skokie Lagoons Forest Preserve--Willow Rd., Cook, Illinois, US
Apr 30, 2018 5:01 PM - 7:52 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.78 mile(s)
53 species