Date: 4/30/18 4:52 pm
From: Jonathan Center <jbcenter...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] BBC Trip Report - Oxbow NWR, Apr 29, 2018

Four participants (including leader) on Sunday, April 29 attended a Brookline Bird Club walk to Oxbow NWR in Harvard in light rain. Unfortunately there was not a lot seen or heard due persistent showers and chilly weather. Flooding kept our group from not going very far down the Tank Rd. or Riverside Trail. There will be another BBC morning walk to Oxbow NWR on Sunday, May 20 at 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. hopefully under better conditions.

See complete bird report below.

Jonathan Center
<jbcenter...>
Chelmsford

Oxbow NWR (Worcester County), Worcester, Massachusetts, US
Apr 29, 2018 8:00 AM - 9:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: Brookline Bird Club morning walk led by Jonathan Center. Areas covered were the main parking lot, bridge over Nashua River, Still River Depot Road, Tank Road and Riverside Trail. The Tank Road and Riverside trail were flooded and kept us from going any further. Our group did not get very far on these two paths. Weather was overcast with light rain, raw with temperatures in the mid 40s. Birding conditions were not optimal.
19 species

Canada Goose 2
Wood Duck 4
Wild Turkey 2