Date: 4/30/18 4:39 pm
From: Sharon Bauer <sharon.bauer519...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Dickcissel- Madison County
Made a quick stop at Badger Creek on the way home from work this afternoon
to check for migrants, and I was disappointed. YELLOW RUMPED WARBLERS were
very everywhere, also had PALM, ORANGE CROWNED, and a couple of gorgeous
YELLOW WARBLERS! I was happy to see my FOY GRAY CATBIRD, along with a
couple of WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS- one singing a thin song. The most
exciting find was along the gravel road, a DICKCISSEL hanging on to a
branch for dear life in the wind, I watched him for a few minutes, two
others joined him and off they went.
SPRING!

Sharon Bauer
Winterset