Date: 4/30/18 3:55 pm
From: Steven Williams <biodswil...>
Subject: RE: [nysbirds-l] Prothonotary Warbler, Hempstead Lake, Nassau
Here is a shot from Saturday morning. Right seems to be fine at that time. https://flic.kr/p/26yAYoQ

Steve

From: <bounce-122525271-51943359...> [mailto:<bounce-122525271-51943359...>] On Behalf Of Timothy Healy
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 3:52 PM
To: kevin rogers
Cc: <NYSBIRDS-L...>

In reviewing my photos from yesterday and more recent images from today, it appears that something is wrong with the bird's right eye. What appeared slightly squinty yesterday (https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45067660) is much more noticeably out of sorts today (https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45110744). Tick? Injury? It certainly didn't seem to slow the warbler down: it was foraging vigorously and singing with gusto both days that I saw it. Did anyone get any clear images of it's right side when it was first found on Saturday, to see if this occurred after its arrival? I wouldn't be surprised if the bird rides the favorable winds out tonight or tomorrow, but if its condition or any other factors keep it here it would be interesting to keep an eye (heh) on how the situation progresses.

Cheers!

-Tim H

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 3:34 PM, kevin rogers <kev31317...> wrote:

Prothonotary hanging out on sticks in shadock pond (next to creek adjacent to dog walk)..was actually a few feet out in the pond working little sticks sticking out of water. I saw it after walking down to the water where I can go off th path at to the pond edge. Its raining but there is like at least 70 yellow rumped warblers everywhere u look..indigo bunting,yellow warbler,Carolina wren too..-kev ... I did not see the yellowthroated warbler

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm> Welcome and Basics