Date: 4/30/18 7:40 am
From: Humphrey, Todd <Todd.Humphrey...>
Subject: Re: Bixby Sod Farms
I think weather is a big factor. Coming after a front goes through, playas present, and obviously during migration, to catch the shorebirds is a key. Spring migration is usually better than fall, based on my limited experience. Locals have an advantage because we can drive down repeatedly, sometimes multiple times per day. Over the last two years when I was trying to reach 200 species in Tulsa county for the year, I drove down through the sod farm loop at least 3 times a week, and after fronts, would go down twice in one day AND catch different species in the same day. Side note… I was close, but never did quite make it to two hundred, 190 something was my best.

Todd