Date: 4/30/18 7:06 am
From: weatherbird58 <weatherbird58...>
Subject: [ia-bird] New arrivals - Boone
Substantial migration overnight, as expected. Check out Birdcast.info if
you haven't yet for Live Migration Maps (based on radar data) and Migration
Forecast.

3 dozen White-throated Sparrows have already found our yard since sunrise.
Also saw several Yellow-rumped Warblers, Orange-crowned Warbler, fleeting
glimpse at a thrush, plus Rose-breasted Grosbeak and a flycatcher, most
likely Least. Walking the timber didn't reveal much more, but Towhees were
singing and turkeys gobbling, plus a couple of Winter Wrens.

About the only thing blossoming here in the tree and shrub world are maples
and elms and a spice bush I planted. We should make rapid progress the
next couple of days.

Karl Jungbluth
2 miles south of Boone