Date: 4/29/18 12:41 pm
From: Kathi Johnson Rock <kathijr777...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: White-winged Dove, Richfield, Washington County
What a wonderful yard and habitat you must have Eileen!
Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Dane County, WI

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 9:04 AM, Karen Etter Hale <chimneyswift1...>
wrote:

> Wow, what a great bird, Eileen, for anywhere in Wisconsin - but in your
> yard!
> We still have siskins in Lake Mills, too.
>
> Karen
> --
> Karen Etter Hale
> Lake Mills, WI
> <chimneyswift1...>
>
> *****
> Making time for birds
>
> > On Apr 29, 2018, at 8:59 AM, <eileenworman...> wrote:
> >
> > Yesterday morning I noticed white patches on the back of what I
> > assumed was a Mourning Dove flying from the deck feeder and I should
> > have known it wasn't just a Mourning Dove. Then late in the afternoon,
> > from inside the house, I pointed out the dove on the feeder to my
> > husband, noting the white edges on its wings.
> > Well, duh...it was a White-winged Dove. And of course I couldn't get
> > any pix of it then.
> > So this morning the first thing on my mind was hoping the bird would
> > return and it has been in the yard and on the feeder a few times,
> > luckily.
> > And I have some pix, one of which you can see here:
> > https://www.flickr.com/photos/beanheadwisconsin/41737171862/
> in/dateposted/
> > Certainly a new addition to our yard list which is now at 106 and a
> > life bird for us, too.
> > I have reported it on ebird, as well.
> > We've added six life birds at this new house since moving here in
> > March 2017.
> > There really is something special about this spot.
> > We still have a pair of Pine Siskins in the yard, BTW.
> > Eileen Worman
> > Richfield, Washington County

> > Visit Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn

Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Wisconsin, Dane County
Zone 4/5
e-mail: <kathijr...>
website: www.hummingbirdgardening.net
telephone: (608) 233-7397

"Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this
glittering
fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..."; (J. J. Audubon)