Date: 4/29/18 9:31 am
From: 'Phil Brown' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: Re: [NHBirds] Bonaparte’s Gull Fallout & More - Sunapee
Excellent tally of Bonaparte's Gulls by Dylan! Bonies were also on a couple of smaller lakes this morning in the Monadnock Region. Of the five or six lakes I checked closely, Silver Lake in Harrisville/Nelson had 3, and Skatutakee in Harrisville had 2. Good variety of other waterfowl around, too, including Lesser Scaup (Chesham Pond), Bufflehead, Green-winged Teal, and Ring-necked Ducks (Powder Mill Pond), but numbers down from the beginning of the month.

Yesterday at Ponemah Bog Wildlife Sanctuary in Amherst, several trail volunteers and I heard or saw Black-and-white Warbler (2), Eastern Kingbird (1), and House Wren (2) among the other expected April migrants.

Phil Brown
Hancock, NH
On Sunday, April 29, 2018, 12:21:51 PM EDT, <jacksonwrxt89...> wrote:

Todays nasty weather has brought some migration action to Lake Sunapee. Despite the very late ice out on the lake (only since last Friday) it would seem like we didn’t miss out on the action. Out on the lake outside Sunapee Harbor there were a staggering amount of BONAPARTE’S GULLS. Most of them were resting on the water which allowed me to get a good accurate count by panning my scope left to right. I came up with an amazing 94 birds! I believe this could be a new inland high count for NH and is nearly triple my previous high count for the lake.There was also a sizable raft of LONG-TAILED DUCKS out in the middle of the lake as well. I counted 28, but between the distance and poor visibility it was likely an undercount. I believe this is a new personal high count for this species on the lake. https://ebird.org/edit/effort?subID=S45064135
I checked a few other locations as well and came away with a few takeaways. At the Lake Sunapee State Beach in Newbury there were two RED-NECKED GREBES.https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45060926
At Trask Brook Road I’m Sunapee there was a group of seven GREATER YELLOWLEGS feeding in the flooded grass alongside some Mallards, Wood Ducks and a pair of GREEN-WINGED TEAL. There was also an Osprey flying over the northern part of the fields along the road which was a personal first at this location. https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45061963
-Dylan JacksonSunapee
Sent from my iPhone